Tuesday, November 20, 2012

EMPTY NESTING IS FOR THE BIRDS

Dear Ethyl..
The person who made up the fable called empty nesting was lying.  When Jesica turned 16, time for me sped up and I started looking to the future and worrying what my life would be like when my kids were gone from the house.  What would I do with my life?  What would my purpose be?  Do I even have a purpose?  Some questions might be better left unanswered, he he.  Pretty sure I spent the next 6 years worrying about it, even crying over it.  I am STILL wondering what life would be like when my kids all leave home...because they won't.  They have all moved out, but they just keep coming back, and coming back and coming back.  We really are trying to be empty nesters..no really! I love it when they come.  I realized there's a lesson that I need to learn first.  It's how to make Will the most important one, even in a crowd.  He has a problem with that too, so we get to practice.  Someday we will get it right.  It's busy right now, but it won't last long.  We are trying to learn what we need to and enjoy it while they are here. When you have a close family that's what happens I guess. Now we kind of get the best of both worlds. It is fun though when we get to pretend we're empty nesters. Is there such a thing as empty nesting?  I don't know... you tell me!

1 comment:

  1. i got my blog back up it is silvic.blogspot.com
    and i love ur blog

    ReplyDelete